Your spouse and kids can help where they are able and can safely do...
- Grocery shop and have them make the Healthier choices:
- This not only empowers them but has them make the decision rather than the choice being made for them or forced on them.
- You may only need to do this a few times. In the future, you can say "i got the Red Quinoa you liked and not the white". ;)
- Clean and cut veggies and fruit with you.
- You can do this together in the kitchen, increasing family time.
- Having them touch the food and prep it increases involvement which is good for teaching them and showing this is a lifestyle, not a temporary diet or fad.
- Cook and prep meals with you.
- This also can increase skills on team work and involvement.
- This is time spent with your spouse or kids that you might not normally have.
The above may mean that you let down your requirements on how something is done. If you are stubborn, you will then be by yourself in the whole thing. Letting them shop, prep, and cook with you can actually help you in the long run! You are training your family so you're not alone and for their health long term too!
carrots, cucumbers, celery - cleaned & cut into sticks
10 eggs and 4-6 chicken breasts - boil (saving the chicken liquid)
You may feel like you're in the kitchen all day and that's ok, It's time invested in your health and saves your money long term in not eating out, not getting sick as often (eating better foods), and when you do it you know what's in it. Eating real food is worth the time!