Eating Healthier does not feel like you are giving up so much! (except weight!) Gain variety and some challenges but don't let it block you! start with baby steps! Above, I have a photo of chili I just made today with a photo of the ingredients (expect the 1 lb ground meat). If you have no clue on the spices, then just get a mix packet, they are fairly low in carbs... READ labels and compare major brands with store brands. You never know unless you read and compare labels and ALWAYS make sure you are comparing the same "Portions"! SIMPLE CHILI (no beans, and lots-o-options)
- 1 lb ground meat (beef, chicken, turkey)
- 2 cans diced tomatoes include liquid!
- 20 oz or so of Crushed Tomatoes
- Spices (packet or put in your own mixture)
- Chopped Onion or Peppers optional
- Brown meat in 6Qt Covered Stockpot with about 1-2 Tblsps of Olive oil.
- Then put in spices, mix well, keeping heat on.
- Pour in diced and crushed tomatoes (and any other optional ingredients you choose).
- Cook for 20 min or simmer as long as you like. *Fine for a slow cooker too, just brown meat first, pour all ingredients in, cook!
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- chopped onions
- chips (low in carbs of course)
your turn: Do you have a simple one to share with us? or What is your chili recipe?